Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Problem solved

It is the plight of the short-legged that sometimes our feet don't touch the ground when we're sitting in a chair. Such is the case with my fantastic new desk chair from (you guessed it) IKEA.

But I can't blame the chair. The problem is actually caused by the desk. In order to sit comfortably at my desk, I have to raise the chair up. At that height, my toes touch the floor but my heels don't, and this gets old pretty fast when I'm sitting at my desk for hours at a time.

So what to do? Once, I cut the legs of a desk down a few inches, but that's not an option here (the legs on this desk are metal). So I went from the ground up: raided the basement for wood scraps and made myself a little stool.


It isn't the most elegant piece of office furniture ever created, but it does the job quite well. And I got to play with tools and make lots of noise in the process. Cheap entertainment.

Now, back to work....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am jealous of the chair and the footrest, but not the socks.